The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani – has been conducting the BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) is A Computer Based Online Test for Admission to Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani campus, K. K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. This academic year BITSAT 2018 Online tests scheduled to be conduct from 16th May 2018 to 31st May 2018 at respective examination centers throughout India. All the eligible and interested candidates can apply for BITSAT 2018 through online on or before last date 13th March 2018. Further information find below.
BITSAT-2018 (Semester-1) Admission to B.E. / B.Pharm. / M.Sc. courses for 2018-19
Online apply at : http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatapply/startpg.aspx
The last date for applying online is 5 PM on 13th March 2018.
- For admission to all the above programmes except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th Class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2016 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018.
Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2018. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
The prescribed fee for BITSAT-2018 is mentioned below.
- For male candidates: Rs. 2950/- (two thousand nine hundred fifty)
- For female candidates: Rs. 2450/- (two thousand four hundred fifty).
Note : If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be US $70 (or Indian Rs. 4500/-). Details for payment of fees are available at the admission website while applying online.
Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2018 by applying in the prescribed application form online. Complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
- Open website : http://www.bitsadmission.com
- Click on BITSAT Online application form link (or)
- Open : http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatapply/OnlineReg.aspx
- Now click on “Allow to Online Apply”
- Click on “New Registration”
- Fill the required details and proceed.
Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2018 online along with the fee payment is 5.00 pm on 13th March 2018 (Tuesday)
If you have already registered for BITSAT-2018 then login at http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatapply/login.aspx
- BITSAT full form for BITS Admission Test
- BITSAT is a ‘Computer Based Online test’
- BITSAT-2018 will be offered over a period of time and the candidate can choose the Center, the Day and Time of his/her convenience to take the test, as described in the later sections.
Details of ‘Computer Based Online test’ : Computer Based Online test’ shortly called as ‘CBT’ it means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate answers the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates.
BITSAT-2018 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
- Part I : Physics
- Part II : Chemistry
- Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)
- There will be total of 150 all questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer.
|Part||Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
There will be 150 questions in all. There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
In order to facilitate a large number of students all over India to participate in BITSAT-2018, apart from Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS where it is expected that a large number of students will take the test, the Institute is also planning to offer the tests at dedicated test centers in several other cities. The planned test centers are in the following cities:
|1. Agra||18. Hyderabad Campus of BITS||35. Pune|
|2. Ahmedabad||19. Hyderabad City||36. Raipur|
|3. Allahabad||20. Indore||37. Rajahmundry|
|4. Bangalore||21. Jaipur||38. Ranchi|
|5. Bhopal||22. Jalandhar||39. Roorkee|
|6. Bhubaneswar||23. Jammu||40. Siliguri|
|7. Chandigarh||24. Jamshedpur||41. Surat|
|8. Chennai||25. Jodhpur||42. Tirupati|
|9. Coimbatore||26. Kanpur||43. Thiruvananthapuram|
|10. Delhi||27. Kolkata||44. Vadodara|
|11. Dubai Campus of BITS
|28. Lucknow||45. Vijayawada|
|12. Ghaziabad||29. Mumbai||46. Visakhapatnam|
|13. Goa Campus of BITS||30. Nagpur||47. Agartala|
|14. Gorakhpur||31.Nasik||48. Mangalore|
|15. Gurgaon||32. Noida||49. Udaipur|
|16. Guwahati||33. Patna||50. Kohima|
|17. Gwalior||34. Pilani campus of BITS|
Note: The candidate can choose the centers from within India or Dubai.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
Masters of Science (M.Sc.)
Integrated First degree programmes to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT-2018:
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
- M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
- M.Sc.: General Studies
- B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing
- M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
Note: Final list of degree programmes offered at three Indian campuses for the academic year 2018-19 will be made available at the BITS admission website, by 1st of May 2018.
Procedure for Applying for admission to BITS
In addition to applying and appearing for BITSAT-2018, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered at three Indian campuses of BITS. The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure, details of academic flexibilities such as Dual Degree, Transfer etc; admission modality and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be made available at the BITS admission website, by 1st May 2018. The completed application form with the required application fee has to be submitted online at the BITS admission site on or before 5.00pm on 18th June 2018.
Deadline to apply online for BITSAT-2018: 13th March 2018 (5.00 pm)
Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates: 15th – 19th March 2018
Test center allotment and announcement to candidates: 21st March 2018
Candidates to reserve Test date and slot: 23rd March – 5th April 2018
Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions: 12th April – 10th May 2018
BITSAT Online tests: 16th May – 31st May 2018
Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences: 1st May – 18th June 2018
Admit list and Wait list announcement: 20th June 2018
Official website : http://www.bitsadmission.com
For any queries on above topic (or) give your valuable suggestions through below comment session.